Friday, June 04, 2010

when the mind is TOO full, it's time to draw!


I've found myself switching gears a lot this week. I'm struggling with so many different ideas for things that I want to do and have wanted to do for a while.. I wanted to get some new 3d work done before Comic-con in July (I feel like I've said this a lot already!) but I'm struggling to decide exactly WHAT to do. I would ideally like to collect three new pieces for my portfolio: an environment, a stylized character, and a realistic character.. I just can't decide which I should do first! as for the realistic character, I'm going to attempt to retrieve the tooth fairy from the now-dead computer, but if that doesn't work I may try to flesh out the guard character a bit more. As for the more 'cartoony' character, I've been trying to come up with a concept that I like well enough to work on (which is difficult since I rarely make something that I'm completely happy with). I want to do something fairly simple in terms of the model, and then spend a good deal of time taking it to a refined finish.
On the side, I'm still working on that illustration and taking laborious notes and plotting out a novel that will probably never be ready, but it's one of my goals to at least complete one. Anyways, with all this back and forth decision-making business, I decided to take a break and draw something up for fun... I MAY model this at some point, just because all this indecision is bad for me and I may as well start something, but regardless, it was a quick fun project :)
I started with a full-body sketch, but I'm still not happy with the lower half.. no harm in sharing though:

No comments: