Monday, April 16, 2012

Well, now that I have all this time.. I may as well get to work!

So, I've decided to pick an old project back up again. This was something that I had started just before I got the job at Nickelodeon, so I was never really able to finish, and a part of me is a bit happy about that. Why? Well, because knowing what I know now, I can probably do it about 10 time better and without a doubt 10 times faster than I would have a year ago. Already, I've made some changes here and there (still needs tweaking, but it's a work in progress).

The first image here, is the model as it looked when I first started it a year ago:

and this is what it looks like currently - Remodeled at a lower resolution. I still need to work out the ears, but I'm pretty happy with the way everything else is looking at the moment.

I'm most likely going to scrap the hair. I'm thinking I may want to simplify it a bit more, with just a few details cut in. Then it's on to modeling her body, and then a first pass on blendshapes. More to come in the weeks ahead - I'll definitely try to update this more frequently now that I can actually share what I'm working on :)

I am also working on two smaller projects that I made with the intent to get them printed as gifts. I'll be putting progress shots for those up sometime soon, and then hopefully some shots of the 3D prints. I'll be excited to see how they turn out!