Wednesday, September 09, 2009

random sketchness

So, it's been a while since I posted anything up here.. and to be honest, it's been a while since I've done anything worth posting.
But, I figured it's about time to start up again. I'm playing with an idea for my next modeling project. I started doing some sketches the other day of a sort of wood-nymph type character - a tree spirit of sorts. I haven't really gotten very far with this yet, but I figured I could post up one of my quick sketches just because.
Now, this is nowhere near being a complete drawing/painting. It's really still in the ideation stage, and I'm thinking now that I might go more into a bonsai sort of shape and feel- since they offer a lot in terms of interesting shape and form. For now, I give you my earliest sketch - again, not a masterpiece, just an idea.

I wasn't happy with this sketch at all.. I felt that I was being too stereotypical and, in a very me way, making it too pretty and perfect-looking, so I did a quick painting over it. Nothin fancy, after all, this probably isn't even close to the design I'll actually end up with in the end. Anyways, on with the show!

and just for kicks, a sketch of a real tree! This was the day I realized that painting on one's computer outdoors is not the greatest... the colors definitely looked different outside o_O oh well.

It's been way too long since I painted with you, Photoshop! I need more practice. Hopefully I'll be getting into more of these sketches soon.

No comments: